Permanent position: Leading manufacturer is looking for a promotable Supply Chain Manager. This role will be located in the Denton, Texas area. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree along with experience with plant logistics & transportation, purchasing, shipping/receiving, inventory control, and production planning in a high volume fast paced manufacturing environment. This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $110k plus a bonus opportunity and relocation assistance. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Responsibilities for the Supply Chain Manager
Requirements for the Supply Chain Manager
- Responsible for staffing and development or new and existing supply chain employees to ensure facility and department goals are aligned
- Achieving distribution cost goals, inbound freight metrics, service reliability metrics, purchasing, raw material cost savings and volume goals
- Evaluate and drive improvements in overall safety, along with operational cost effectiveness and efficiency within the supply chain function
- Manager the relationships with key partners; both suppliers and customers, negotiating cost and service for purchasing and transportation services, leases and agreements to include fleet and lift truck equipment and efficient raw material planning and ordering to maximize value for the company
- Lead team in meeting or exceeding site safety goals by providing a safe work environment, training and materials as needed and instilling a culture of safety in shipping/warehousing and private fleet operations
- Drive down supply chain related costs through effective leadership and management of the plant's supply chain resources
- Manage costs to budgetary goals in the areas of purchasing, inbound and outbound transportation, truck and rail fleet and warehouse operations
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferred in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Supply chain management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, distribution, purchasing, production planning and transportation environment
- APICS certification is preferred
- Proficient with ERP Systems and working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and Inventory Management Systems such as FIFO, LIFO, WIP, Physical and cycle counts and process controls
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems and software such as Carrier Point, JDA and Oracle Transportation Management
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $110k plus bonus and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.