Permanent position: Industry leading Automotive manufacturing company is currently in search for a Welding Engineer that has experience managing manufacturing engineering and welding engineering documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing and coordinating required tooling activities, managing continuous improvement projects, has working knowledge or laser & resistance welding. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing automotive manufacturing companies in the world. Responsibilities for the Welding Engineer
Requirements for the Welding Engineer
- Working knowledge/experience with of laser and resistance welding processes and equipment.
- Review and modify existing weld operations, work instructions and inspection techniques
- Conduct process and product investigations and prepare technical reports.
- Develops welding techniques, procedures and application of welding equipment utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and engineering principles.
- Specify process for new programs or modify for existing programs
- Establish and coordinate required tooling activities or reviews and evaluate proposals for existing and new manufacturing processes
- Provide daily support to plant operations supporting Corporate and plant goals.
- Manages continuous improvement projects as required.
- Maintains close communication with skilled trades workgroups to assure precision implementation of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in welding engineering technology or equivalent training
- 1-3 years' of experience implementing and supporting multiple welding processes/systems
- Hands on robot programming skills
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple welding technologies and processes; preferably in gas metal arc welding, resistance welding, and laser beam welding
- Company provided benefits, medical, dental, vision. 401k match, bonus potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.