Permanent position: A multinational CNC Machine Tool distributor located in Roslyn Heights, New York is looking for a talented candidate to join their team as the Application Engineer. This position will be responsible for providing in-depth technical knowledge to existing or potential customers, including and not limited to, installation of machines and accessories, specific part process development, machining operations development, programming of parts, blueprint development installation of machines and accessories, and provide training and follow up technical support. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience up to $85K plus great benefits. This position will require 80% Travel. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- Pre-sales support to provide assurances to the potential client that the product will work for what the client requires.
- Post-sales support to assist with integration of the product into the design/working scenario or to help the customer out of a problem situation with the product
- Travel to customer facilities to ensure proper installation of machine tools
- Advise and assist customers with most operations and programming
- Train customer personnel in processing, tooling, operating, and servicing of machine tool products
- Assist and advise in matters involving machine application, tooling, and estimating
- Associates in Engineer or technical related field
- Knowledge of CNC Equipment
- Ability to travel up to 80% within the U.S. and outside of the country
- Salary range for this position is commensurate with experience up to $85K plus great benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.