Contract position: Packaging Engineer needed for immediate opportunity with a global organization in the Clark, NJ area. Client is looking for a very sharp packaging professional who has experience in packaging. This position is approximately 9 months and offers a tremendous opportunity!! Apply now for immediate consideration! Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Fully own and develop the specifications (AC & PF) in MINDS (packaging spec system)
- Analyze and approve technical drawings (related to tubes)
- Fully own technical milestones in project timelines; ensuring on-time homologation (validation) date
- Define appropriate testing plan and analyze / interpret results
- Troubleshoot technical issues (supplier, plant, distribution, quality, etc.) related to the tube startup plans
- Initiate and organize all line trials at plants, schedule and attends Line trial and summarize results and action plan
- Evaluate impact of packaging and/or equipment evolutions and follow up action plan
- Must have bachelor's degree in Engineering, a solid understanding of packaging especially printing on flexible materials such as tubing.
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers
- Strong PC skills; CAD software MS Office Suite
- Basic knowledge and use of statistics (i.e. Cp, CpK)
- Up to 25% travel to suppliers and plants
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.