Permanent position: Equipment Engineer located near Calhoun, GA for a leading manufacturer of environmentally sustainable energy products. This position is responsible to run diagnostic tests and repair malfunctioning equipment in all areas of plant automation. To be considered - Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least two (2) years' of equipment/machine design and troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Relocation assistance is provided for the ideal candidate. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Equipment Engineer
Requirements for the Equipment Engineer
- Run diagnostic tests and repair malfunctioning equipment in all areas of plant automation.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration
- Utilize established SolidWorks CAD guidelines and department design procedures to create solid models and detail drawings.
- Troubleshoot all programmable logic control (PLC), HMI, motor and motor control problems.
- Perform root cause failure analysis for failed parts and use materials/fabrication knowledge to design improvements.
- Identify critical machine components and analyze critical design features to ensure reliability in final operating environment
- B.S Degree in Engineering is required (Mechanical Engineering is preferred)
- Must have at least three (3) years of equipment/machine design and troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a fact paced assembly and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot programmable logic control (PLC), HMI, and motor controls
- Materials knowledge (corrosion, failure mechanisms, strength of materials)
- Full benefits package
- PTO / Vacation plan
- Relocation assistance
- Growth opportunity to join a start up company
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.