Permanent position: Furniture design and manufacturing company in Petaluma, CA, is looking for a Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and CAD, (SolidWorks) expertise to execute and further develop a product/product family, (driven by marketing group) as well as providing support for sustaining and customized projects. This is a permanent position. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Designs components and subsystems using SolidWorks and other design tools to meet specific requirements.
- Translates customer, manufacturing, and marketing requirements into engineered product solutions in support of custom, sustaining, and new product development projects.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or substantially equivalent technical degree and experience combination.
- Minimum 7 years' experience of engineering and product design experience.
- Working knowledge of various production processes including injection molding, die-casting, extruding, sheet metal stamping and forming, machining, painting, power coating, plating, and conversion coating.
- Experience with mechanical engineering principles and CAD, (SolidWorks).
- Practical knowledge of electrical/electronic hardware integration, el design experience etc.
- Generous healtcare program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.