Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for 2 Project Controls Specialists for their Concord, CA office. The ideal candidate has experience performing project controls work on engineering and construction projects, including planning, estimating, forecasting, scheduling, cost control, schedule control, and project reports. Client is looking for candidates that are local or within a commutable distance to Concord or San Ramon, CA.Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Perform project controls work on engineering and construction projects, including planning, estimating, forecasting, scheduling, cost control, schedule control, and project reports
- You will mainly perform cost analysis work, but will be responsible for maintaining project schedules using Oracle Primavera P6
- Convert project cost estimates to project budget using agreed upon break down of execution packages
- Project Cost forecasting duties including accruals, forecast coordination, variance analysis and explanations
- Prepare change packages working with project management team
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team
- You will split time between Concord and San Ramon offices
- 3+ years related professional experience in project controls performing both cost and scheduling duties in support of industrial or heavy industrial engineering and construction projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, construction management or related field
- You need to be proficient in using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software
- You need experience analyzing project controls reports
- Any experience working on transmission line, distribution line, or electrical substation projects is considered a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.