Permanent position: Top ranked general contractor is seeking a Project Engineer with MEP experience to join their team in Las Vegas, NV. Qualified candidates will have a specialization in overseeing either heavy mechanical (commercial HVAC systems) or low voltage commercial lighting, fire alarm and electrical work. Project experience on commercial construction projects, preferably large, highly technical projects $100+ million. Excellent company culture, benefits and room for growth. Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates. Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Responsible for the specific mechanical and low voltage electrical construction needs of Mission Critical Facilities and other construction related projects.
- Must coordinate with vendors, mechanical/electrical trades on project scope and delivery.
- Position requires extensive experience managing the construction of electrical mechanical infrastructure projects.
- Must have experience in developing project scopes and schedules, coordinating change order and RFI's, managing and tracking project budgets, and cost control.
- Strong experience in managing relationships with owners representatives, architects, engineers and clients on a professional level.
- 3-10 years of commercial construction experience and some experience with mechanical or electrical aspects of projects.
- Preferably experience with on large projects (+$100 million)
- Experience managing people/projects highly desired
- Must have experience specifically overseeing work of HVAC/mechanical systems or low voltage electrical systems (fire, lighting etc.). Is not necessary to have experience in both.
- Willing to travel to Reno
- Medical, 401k, PTO, paid holidays, cell phone allowance
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.