Contract position: Engineer contract position available in Jackson, MI. You will support the High Performance Work team including day to day floor support, tooling design, gauging, quality, and efficiency. Process improvement through collection and analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specification
- Maintain and improve product flow through the plant through reduced Defective material Report (DMR) and Process stop occurrences. Resolve issue quickly when product stops occur.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes or products including scrap and defective material report (DMR) system.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering
- Minimum 3 years of engineering, operations, or manufacturing experience
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.