Permanent position: The role of the Quality Engineer includes but is not limited to interaction with customers and supplier representatives on technical/quality matters. This position will be based at our St. Joe, IN facility with 25% travel expected. Safety is the most important part of all jobs; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times. Technical degree desired, Automotive and/or machining experience desired. RELO assistance available. Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- The QE completes 8D's, implements Corrective Actions, and performs Effectiveness Evaluations. Support creation and/or interpretation of Quality related documentation (APQP, FMEA/ PPAP, QCP, etc.) and performing process capability (CP, CPK) and process performance (PP, PPK) analysis.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to improve process capability, eliminate defects, along with implementing/generating Quality KPIs, and reviewing trends to develop action plans.
- Technical Degree desired but not required. Industrial, Metallurgical, Materials, or Mechanical)
- 3+ years experience with Tier 1 or 2 automotive/truck or OEM.
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) certification desired
- Working experience with advanced quality planning (AQP), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and structural problem solving (8D, 5 whys)
- Experience in quality, operations, manufacturing in the automotive industry
- Six Sigma/Lean Certification
- Experience in industrial/manufacturing environment
- Skilled at root cause and effect analysis
- Full time role with benefits
- Bonus eligible.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.