Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a permanent Production Engineer. This position is located near East Haven, Connecticut. The Production Engineer will assist with the implementation of new and existing manufacturing technologies to improve production efficiency and reduce waste. The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $85K to $95K, plus an opportunity for a bonus, and a great benefits package. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Evaluate and implement new manufacturing technology i.e. new machines, tools, systems, etc.
- Use value stream mapping and lead continuous improvement teams to reduce manufacturing waste
- Assist in the design and manufacturing of production fixtures, tooling, assembly equipment, etc.
- Must have at least 3+ years of manufacturing/production engineering experience
- Background in CNC or machining is desired
- Strong background utilizing lean manufacturing, six sigma, continuous improvement, and Kaizen methodologies to improve work flow
- Background in tooling, tool design, fixtures, jigs, assembly equipment, etc.
- Full-time permanent role with benefits
- Salary is dependent on experience ranging from $85K to $95K, plus a bonus opportunity and great benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.