Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Engineering Manager with a Mechanical and industrial equipment design/engineering background out in the York, PA area. Specific material handling or conveyors would be ideal, but any automated equipment will be highly considered. Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Managing the mechanical engineering department, perform quick and efficient engineering analysis on new designs and provide guidance to engineers and designers on project/technical issues; Provide professional leadership, accountability and training for the employees within the mechanical engineering department
- Design customized machinery and conveyor equipment from scratch, as well as utilize a library of existing parts; able to perform drawing review and design calculation checking for any project within technical expertise
- Manage of all key engineering projects; oversee new project design and control, engineering changes and updates; answer production questions is relation to design and assembly; manage engineering schedule and assign daily tasks to engineers and designers
- Improve engineering process to increase throughput, reduce manufacturing times and decreased rework·
- Develop new equipment specification and purchasing.
- Able to perform drawing review and design calculation checking for any project within technical expertise
- Make sure all projects meet schedule and budget constraints
- BSME preferred, but specific experience will be considered.
- 7+ years in Mechanical Engineering and Design for custom equipment.
- 3D Modeling background; Solidworks experience, ideally
- PM background a plus.
- Direct hire role with company benefits, paid vacation / sick time, 401k matching etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.