Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer in the Grand Rapids, MI area. This person will need a strong 3D Modeling background (ideally with Solidworks) and will need experience engineering and designing industrial machines and equipment, tooling, and/or fixtures. The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $60K to $75K, plus OT and an opportunity for a year-end bonus. LOCAL candidates only at this time. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Utilize engineering principles to design new products or modify existing ones for customers' requests and sales needs
- Develop engineering detail and assembly documentation to support tooling quotations and manufacturing preparations
- Request prototypes from outside suppliers to be used for engineering performance, concept evaluation, and reliability testing
- BS degree preferably, but specific experience will be highly considered.
- 4+ years of experience utilizing a 3D design software program, SolidWorks is preferred
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Strong experience designing machines, equipment, tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Full-Time, Direct Hire Position
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $50k to $75k, plus OT and a year end bonus opportunity
- PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.