Contract position: Engineering client involved in power plant engineering projects is looking for a Mechanical Drafter/Designer for a long term contract assignment (with a great chance of turning into a direct hire position) in Phoenix, AZ. You need 2-7+years of relevant experience supporting industrial or heavy industrial plant projects. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to downtown Phoenix. Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Your main responsibility will be to work with the client's existing Design team in support of power plant capital projects by updating & modifying existing designs
- Prepare/create a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing equipment
- You will be supporting power generation projects involving transformer replacements, switch gear upgrades, new skids, solar layout drawings, lots of one-lines, etc...
- Develop drawing packages for construction contracts and bill of material for procurement specifications
- 2-7 years of experience as an Mechanical Drafter or Designer supporting industrial or heavy industrial projects
- You must be proficient with MicroStation or AutoCAD software (preferably both)
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field
- PTO program
- Health Insurance options, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.