Permanent position: Fortune 200 manufacturer seeks to hire a Division Shipping Leader to lead a team of 5 Shipping and Receiving Supervisors and 30 personnel over 3 shifts. The successful candidate will be a proven leader with a history of developing strong teams and keeping them safe. A commitment to Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Productivity through demonstrated integrity and leadership within their group. Overseeing the safe operations of shipping and receiving components as prescribed by specifications and order releases.Managing all logistics for the division; carrier relationships, freight costs, and delivery schedules. Degree desired but not required. Comprehensive relocation package is offered.Responsibilities for the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Requirements for the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- A commitment to Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Productivity through demonstrated integrity and leadership within their group.
- Overseeing the safe operations of shipping and receiving metal building components as prescribed by specifications and order releases.
- Managing all logistics for the division; carrier relationships, freight costs, and delivery schedules.
- Identifying process improvements that result in efficiency and cost savings.
- Communications within the group to ensure solid teamwork and a productive work environment.
- Reviewing employees' performance and determining coaching needs through evaluating and providing consistent performance reviews and setting expectations during coaching or growth & development sessions.
- Interviewing, hiring and accountability decisions for employees within the group.
- Travel with short notice.
- Degree desired
- 2+ years leadership experience in a fast pace logistics role
- Demonstrated leadership skills through high employee engagement, relationship building and accountability.
- Strong knowledge of logistics best practices
- Solid knowledge of finance practices, forecasting, investment justification
- Commercial/sales experience desired
- Full time role with excellent benefits
- Profit sharing
- Comprehensive relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.