Permanent position: Microbiologist Technician needed for amazing opportunity in the Pawtucket, RI area. The Microbiologist Technician is responsible for maintaining laboratory supplies, media, and cultures. Technician will also be responsible for performing environmental monitoring of the laboratory and facility. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- The microbiology technician will provide and maintain records according to cGDP/cGLP practices.
- Preparing of in-house media by following media instructions and utilizing the proper equipment
- Performs/Ensures quality control of media through bacterial inoculations and sterility checks of in-house media or by collecting Certificates of Quality of supplied pre-made media
- Maintains records for quality control of media made in house and purchased
- Maintains weekly stock culture for "Positive" controls within the microbiology laboratory
- Verify inventory of microbiology laboratory media, dehydrated media, supplies, and reagents necessary for day to day operation
- Degree in Microbiology/BS in Biology highly desired.
- Knowledge of basic microbial techniques (such as use of micropipettes, and handling of organisms etc...).
- Proficient in computer/communication skills - Microsoft office and excel
- Understanding of FDA and regulatory requirements related to pharmaceutical product development
- Laboratory Skills - Ability to use pH meter, balances (analytical and top loading), and don appropriate PPE
- Highly competitive benefits package available! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.