Contract position: We are searching for a Manufacturing Engineer with EHS experience in Jackson, MI. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Process improvement through collection and analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions.
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- Uses MESH (Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other company and industry-standard practices.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Company Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensures efficiency tied to capital intensity and human resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools
- Active membership of a High-Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process, and implementing continuous flow concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical subject, or equivalent 4 year degree in manufacturing/process related field.
- 2+ years of engineering, operations, or manufacturing experience
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.