Permanent position: An EHS Coordinator is needed for a company that manufactures products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles, and builds new locomotives up to 4,000 horsepower in the Plattsburgh, NY area. This position will responsible for planning, developing and implementing an effective safety, risk evaluation and loss prevention program No per diem available. Less than 25% travel is required.Responsibilities for the Environmental Health Safety Manager
Requirements for the Environmental Health Safety Manager
- Recognize and evaluate environment, health and safety hazards, assist with problem solving methods and continuously drives improvement in the performance of the site's environment, health and safety programs
- Manage all safety procedures to ensure any safety concerns are addressed and ensures appropriate actions have been taken when gaps have been identified.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Sciences or a related field with at least 3 years of experience in a safety role in heavy or transport industry.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of governmental compliance including OSHA regulations, environment compliance, industry standards and right to know compliance.
- Safety certification preferred. Professional safety certifications such as GSP, ASP or CSP preferred. First aid and CPR certification preferred. Knowledge and understanding of facility building codes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.