Permanent position: We are searching for a Director of Engineering to work for an advanced materials manufacturing company northeast of Baltimore, MD. This is a direct-hire role that provides relocation for the right candidate. Responsibilities for the Director of Engineering
Requirements for the Director of Engineering
- Plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organization from product development to manufacturing.
- Direct and manage all aspects of new program introduction from RFQ through First Article shipment.
- Be the face of the company during New Product Introductions and drive design for manufacturability with the customer.
- Must be an agent of change, driving continuous improvement in all daily activities
- Identify top and bottom performers and execute growth strategies or improvement plans as required.
- Direct and manage the capital improvements strategy. Interface with all departments to ensure a robust 3-5 year capital strategy exists for the organization.
- Manages overall engineering budget and costs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent required, Master's preferred
- 10+ years of engineering management experience including both product development and manufacturing
- High proficiency in PLM, ERP and CAD products is a must.
- The ability to interact with customers is required.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.