Permanent position: Growing and established manufacturer is looking to hire a Process/Services Team Lead (2nd Shift M-F), this position will be located in the Rocky Mount, N.C. area. The ideal candidate will possess experience coordinating work as needed for Service Operators and oversees the welding, etching, molding and winding of products as well as monitoring and controlling the daily production priorities. This role comes with a competitive compensation plan with an hourly rate ranging from $18/hr-22.50 plus OT (time and a half over 40 hours) and a bonus opportunity. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Responsibilities for the Process Technician
Requirements for the Process Technician
- Coordinates work as needed for the Service Operators and oversees the welding, etching, molding and winding of products
- Monitors and controls the daily production priorities for the product waiting to be welded, inspected, leak tested or etched
- Independently performs production etching and welding with high efficiency and high quality in order to meet daily Throughput, PPHH, scrap and Yield metrics
- Trains and leads less experienced etching/welding Service Operators. Sets example for lesser skilled/newly hired operators with respect to teamwork, cooperation with supervision and coworkers, productivity and quality
- Verifies finished work conforms to specifications. For laser welds, uses a microscope to inspect welds for stress, holes, cracks and appearance to determine compliance and quality
- High school diploma
- Advanced operation, troubleshooting and repair of laser welding equipment
- Experience working in a welding, etching or molding environment
- Hands on leader who enjoys being on the production floor the majority of the time
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with an hourly rate ranging from $18/hr to $22.50/hr plus OT (time and a half over 40 hours) and bonus opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.