Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a company that manufactures products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles, and builds new locomotives up to 4,000 horsepower in the Greenville, SC area. This position will perform conventional engineering assignments that may involve equipment, project and/or product design, test, specification preparation, research investigations, etc. No per diem available. 25-50% travel is expected to Wilmerding, PA. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Create and design new mechanical products from conception through design and into manufacturing using 3D modeling software. Recommend design modifications for existing products.
- Oversee and conduct analysis and testing to ensure that new projects/products meet all appropriate mechanical and reliability requirements listed in internal or customer specifications.
- Estimate manufacturing costs for new designs and maintain product profitability through selection of most advantageous processes and materials. Build and test prototype in manufacturing and release into production.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years of mechanical design experience.
- Must have experience with product designs that have been manufactured. Must have experience with FEA and FMEA. Must have knowledge of the manufacturing process as it relates to engineering design.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.