Permanent position: Multi-national maker of portable generators seeks a PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER for its facility located in CHARLOTTE, NC. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, while planning, developing, and coordinating the engineering and related technical activities of projects as they relate to the development of portable generators. DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Provides supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters
- Gives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects
- Supervises efforts of other engineers, technicians, and others to complete projects per approved project plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years involved in the design/development of portable generators for commercial/consumer applications
- Demonstrated proficiecy with microcontrollers and low-level firmware that interacts directly with board-level hardware
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics and basic layout of digital and analog circuits
- The company provides a competetive salary and benefits package to include relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.