Permanent position: Multi-national leader in the automotive industry seeks a JOINING SPECIALIST for its assembly operations located just north of GREENVILLE, SC. The JOINING SPECIALIST provides technical support with all joining applications and systems within the Body-In-White department. IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Develops techniques, procedures and applications of welding and mechanical joining equipment
- Serves as primary liaison with cross-function Product Development Teams providing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input for new products
- Design and implement processes using lean manufacturing principles to enable single piece flow in a pull system philosophy
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or weld engineering (or related field) with at least 3 years experience in welding / mechanical joining operations (hot and cold)
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies and TPS based manufacturing.
- Tooling and project management exposure highly desired
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.