Contract position: Aerospace and defense company is seeking a technical writer in Redondo Beach, CA. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree and basic knowledge of applying Technical Writing Principles and standards. Additional requirements and responsibilities below. Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Create all associated documentation for custom machinery.
- Write procedures that communicate technical specifications and maintenance instructions to field maintenance personnel effectively.
- Select engineering drawings in order to submit technical illustration requests.
- Must be able to understand and apply Technical Publications principles.
- Must be able to perform fairly complex technical writing independently and with little to no supervision.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or related fields.
- Technical Writing Certification and familiarity with PTC Arbortext Editor Software preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.