Permanent position: GROWING manufacturing company in Kansas City has IMMEDIATE need for a project engineer. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of professional experience and a strong electrical background. Relocation assistance will be offered for the right candidate. This position will require approximately 40% travel, mainly throughout the US and to Canada. Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Interface with customers, the sales department and factory to coordinate project activities
- Attend strategy meetings
- Review and modify reports and schedules
- Work with Product Manager and VPs to provide technical advice and resolve problems
- Drive quote process for machine quotes that are categorized as 'projects'
- Send and explain technical order confirmations to customers
- Monitor installation of projects and make sure all deliverables in the sales agreement are met
- Up to 40% travel to meet with North American customers. Travel schedule can be arranged around employee's personal obligations.
- BS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Willingness to travel throughout North America, and occasionally to Germany
- Computer literacy in MS Office, AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Knowledge of MS Project and Merlin project management software is a PLUS.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have an acceptable DMV record and a valid passport (or the ability to obtain one)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.