Permanent position: Well established and well respected technical manufacturer looking for a Senior Valve Engineer in Houston, TX. The position requires mechanical and HVAC/R electronic valve solutions for multiple clients. Project lead opportunity with consulting with clients to offer solutions and technical support for their HVAC and refrigerant systems. Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Consulting clients, work with team of engineers, analyze HVAC and refrigeration systems, understand heat transfer tools, have problem solving skills.
- Analyze HVAC, refrigeration systems, and equipment when necessary to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operation.
- Communicate directly with clients to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost, feasibility and implementation of new HVAC and refrigeration valves.
- Work with other engineers, project managers, and technical staff as needed to create and or modify design perameters for diverse applications.
- 5 + years of experience in mechanical and electronic valves in a variety of applications and refrigerants.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical.
- Understand heat transfer tools including enthalpy code testers, tube calorimeters, and contact resistance test methods.
- Strong understanding of the operations and limitations of electronic and mechanical valves in HVAC/R systems using a variety of refrigerants.
- Strong communication, customer focus and presentation skills.
- Travel less than 20%.
- Salary, Bonus, Benefits, 401K , Full relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.