Permanent position: Randstad is seeking a candidate for a career opportunity as a Lead Electrical Engineer - Electrical Engineering Manager. This position would have 5 direct engineering reports and involves full life-cycle product development from concept through development, test, production release and field support for RFID low and high frequency readers that include Bluetooth devices and biometric sensors. This would be a great opportunity for a Project/Product Engineer to step into management. Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Design, development and verification of RFID low and high frequency readers and their related ancillary devices.
- Based on product requirements, create specifications and verification plans.
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of firmware developers, software developers, hardware designers, technicians and mechanical engineers.
- Manage an internal electrical hardware development team and 3rd parties to execute product designs and improvements
- Bachelor of science in electrical engineering degree required. Master's preferred.
- At least 10 years related experience in product development with at least 5 years of project management experience and responsibility for direct reports.
- Ability to translate product requirements into specifications and author engineering verification test plans.
- Analog and digital circuit design experience including schematic capture, pcb layout, analysis and verification.
- Solid knowledge of USB, RS-232 and Ethernet interfaces.
- Experience with Low Frequency, 125 kHz, and High Frequency, 13.56 MHz, RFID readers - experience with Bluetooth and mitigating EMC issues desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.