Permanent position: Immediate need for a Mechanical Design Engineer in the York, PA area. This person will design and engineer various mechanical systems for automated capital equipment. Specific material handling or conveyors would be ideal, but any automated equipment will be highly considered. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will work closely with Project Management and the Engineering Manager to develop new equipment as well as design existing equipment for both custom and standard products.
- Conceptional design, detail, assembly and arrangement drawings required for fabrication; design and detail all drawings, using company standards; develop detailed layout to check machine tolerance and ensure clearances; drive new ideas and lead design reviews
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Mechanical engineering and design using Solidworks and AutoCAD
- BSME or BSMET preferred; specific experience will be considered.
- 3+ years in Mechanical Engineering and Design
- 3D Modeling background; Solidworks experience, ideally
- Direct hire role with company benefits, paid vacation / sick time, etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.