Permanent position: Senior Quality Engineer position open with an industry leading plastic molding manufacturing company in Alabama. Ideal candidate will have experience with plastic or silicone extrusion manufacturing process.The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for providing quality support and the development of manufacturing processes. The Senior QE (Quality Engineer) will will provide support for trouble shooting defect conditions, identification and elimination of the sources of variability to improve product quality. This privately held organization has experienced record amounts of growth and has a strong sales forecast and are the global industry leaders within their industry. Responsibilities for the Senior Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Quality Engineer
- Will be responsible to provide quality support and the development of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to use statistical tools such as capability analysis, gage studies, design of experiments, correlation studies and hypothesis testing to evaluate process performance and improve stability.
- Provide support for trouble shooting defect conditions, identification and elimination of the sources of variability to improve product quality.
- Analyze quality data and issue reports prioritizing improvement opportunities
- BS Degree (technical discipline or business related only).
- Experience in high-volume manufacturing
- 5 years' experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Working knowledge of quality engineering tools such as SPC, Process Capability, Pareto Analysis, Gage R&R, DOE, D/P-FMEA and Control Plans.
- Experience managing high impact quality improvement projects
- Highly desired-BS in Engineering or a Technical Discipline.
- Certification in Six Sigma Green/ Black Belt, ASQ CQE.
- Experience with thermoplastic processing (extrusion is a plus).
- Industry leading company provided benefits, comprehensive compensation package, paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus potential, 401K match.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.