Contract position: A Service Production Technician is needed for a leader in power and automation technologies in the New Berlin, WI area. This position is responsible for defining and executing the production order schedule for service repair kits that will be sent to the field. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. Responsibilities for the Production Technician
Requirements for the Production Technician
- Ensure appropriate production schedules, cycle-time, equipment performance, in support of service kit production targets. Evaluate resources and communicate with leadership and peers.
- Work with warehouse, logistics, and materials management team to ensure all material is available to meet customer commitments and expectations in the repair work shop and kit cells.
- Define, monitor, and update KANBANs. Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and implement improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related engineering/science field. Prefer at least 2 years of experience.
- Prefer experience working in an assembly environment. Prefer knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and has had Six Sigma Green Belt training.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.