Permanent position: Immediate need for a Sr. Development Associate working for a Property Management & Commercial Construction company in the Washington, D.C. area. This person will be responsible for overseeing the development of new office, mixed use, and apartment properties from inception through final project completion and closeout. (supporting multiple projects in partnership with the Sr. VP, Development and the Investing Teams)Responsibilities for the Project Developer
Requirements for the Project Developer
- Conducts due diligence for potential new projects and investment opportunities.
- Prepares development presentations for executives and external development partners
- Oversees the underwriting of all assigned development projects; Prepares project underwriting budgets and schedules in conjunction with the SVP of Development
- Process and obtain all project approvals - in partnership with Sr VP of Development - as required by zoning, planning, building, and applicable permits, established industry standards, and governmental codes, rules, and regulations
- Manage external consultants to preform due diligence analysis, design, and market projects assigned.
- Conduct RFP process to obtain competitive consultants proposals and negotiate contracts consistent with the business plan and ensure Contract Compliance; Manage project document flow and filing
- Directs the project design and obtains approvals, as necessary, of all product and materials.
- Ensures timely recognition of potential issues, thoroughly investigates cause/effect and assesses key factors; Implements appropriate and adequate action plans to resolve with minimal interruption to project business plan
- Bachelor's Degree required - Real Estate, Business, Engineering or Design Disciplines, typically.
- Master's Degree in Real Estate, Finance or Business Administration, preferred but not required.
- 6+ years experience in Project Management of complex commercial, office and mixed used projects, with some experience specific to Apartment and Condo projects.
- Local travel required.
- Full benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, paid time off, holidays, etc...
- Sr. Development Associate is a Bonus eligible role
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.