Permanent position: Manufacturer in the Kansas City area is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Engineer to add to their growing team. The ideal candidate will have an electrical engineering degree and controls engineering experience. 3D design experience also preferred as well as knowledge of NEC regulations. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.Responsibilities for the Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Electro-Mechanical Engineer
- Responsible for the electrical design, mechanical design and documentation of projects originating from both external and internal customers.
- Use creative processes when working on project to come up with solutions to challenges with application problems
- Interface with customer directly
- Design and document power circuits and custom enclosures
- Perform basic level design and modification of sheet metal parts, assemblies and mechanisms
- Create working drawings of parts and assemblies
- Determine costs of materials and labor for products; assist in construction, testing and evaluation of prototypes
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of principles of power circuits and electrical power and control circuit design
- Be able to create one-line and full schematics of power control circuits
- Understand circuit protection and the application of NFPA 70 (NEC) requirements
- Design complex sheet metal enclosures using SolidWorks or other similar CAD software
- Design to and verify design compliance with company standards, Underwriters Laboratories UL50, 67 and 414 as well as customer specifications
- Full benefits, holiday and vacation. Company promotes good work/life balance and safety culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.