Permanent position: Global manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Commodities Manager located in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. The Commodities Manager will be responsible for purchasing high spend commodities for multiple company facilities, sourcing and setting up international vendors, and managing projects. The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $70k - $95k. Local candidates only at this time. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Commodities Manager
Requirements for the Commodities Manager
- Develop RFQ packages and negotiates to ensure pricing meets margin expectations
- Identify and implement supplier cost reduction activities
- Negotiate and modify strategic sourcing agreements with suppliers
- Sourcing internationally for new commodities
- 3+ years of purchasing, sourcing, and/or supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment
- BA Degree is required
- Experience utilizing an ERP System
- Project management experience with cost reduction and strategic sourcing
- Light travel to customer sites as needed (25%)
- Full-Time, Direct Hire Position
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $70k - $80k
- Full-time benefits, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, profit sharing, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.