Safety Engineer

  • location: Milwaukee, WI
  • type: Permanent
  • salary: $80,000 - $100,000 per year
easy apply

job description

Safety Engineer

Permanent position: Milwaukee,WI-Safety/Environmental Engineer. Our automotive client is seeking a Safety/Environmental Engineer to join their engineering team. 75% of the role is focused on Safety and the remaining 25% is focused on Environmental. Strong pay ($80 K- $100 K )+ strong benefits and a great culture. Must have a bachelors degree in Occupational Safety or something related. 3+ years of experience from within Manufacturing.

Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
  • Promote a safe environment and work to increase awareness in accident prevention
  • Identify, develop, update, and train in government-mandated EH&S programs applicable to the specific sites and promote proactive compliance.
  • Ensure proper documentation of mandated and regulatory information and programs
  • Review equipment and processes, existing and new, for ergonomic considerations and safety requirements
  • Analyze data/create dashboards as it relates to EH&S to identify trends and work to prevent further occurrences
  • Manage all required environmental compliance reporting for assigned sites including data collection, review, and analysis. Develop and maintain plans to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Maintain environmental program documentation.
  • Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
Requirements for the Safety Engineer

  • Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety or related degree
  • 3 plus years' experience within manufacturing
  • Willingness to travel: >10%
  • Experience in developing and delivering safety training to all levels in an organization
  • Familiarity with governmental regulations on a practical basis in safety and/or environmental
Benefits

  • Competitive salary ($80 K- $100 K), strong benefits and great culture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.

easy apply

get jobs in your inbox.

sign up
{{returnMsg}}

related jobs

    Process Engineer

  • location: Racine, WI
  • job type: Permanent
  • salary: $85,000 - $95,000 per year
  • date posted: 11/14/2019

    Mechanical Engineer

  • location: Franksville, WI
  • job type: Permanent
  • salary: $85,000 - $95,000 per year
  • date posted: 11/18/2019

    Design Engineer

  • location: Germantown, WI
  • job type: Permanent
  • salary: $85,000 - $95,000 per year
  • date posted: 10/15/2019