Permanent position: Innovative R&D company is seeking a Director of Business Development to join their team in the Cerritos, CA area. This position will be focused on driving growth with aerospace and defense companies. Qualified candidates for this role should have a technical background in the aerospace and defense industry and experience generating new business and receiving contracts for projects within those industries. This position reports to the CEO and includes a generous bonus and compensation package. Relocation is available for non-local candidates. Responsibilities for the Director of Business Development
Requirements for the Director of Business Development
- Direct and generate business opportunities for major military defense and aerospace program products
- Convert leads into opportunities and communicate project value to engineering and project management teams.
- Work closely with business units to develop unique solutions and a strategy to win business.
- Occasional travel to industry events and customers, locally and sometimes nationally.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's is a plus.
- 10-20 years of experience in the aerospace and/or defense industry. Should have experience understanding technical nature of projects and programs, as well as experience generating new business and contract wins.
- High degree of customer and client service
- Self-starter with a drive to win and overcome objections and resistance. Should be able to articulate times when he/she had to overcome hurdles in order to achieve business goals.
- Bonus, 401k + match, medical, PTO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.