Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire a Tooling Coordinator for their facility in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Tooling Coordinator will be responsible to direct new tool builds, spare component, and tool maintenance. In addition the Tooling Coordinator will monitor raw material inventory, review all die records to anticipate developing problems, troubleshoot, schedule and assign all preventative maintenance. This is a direct hire position and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Tool Designer
Requirements for the Tool Designer
- Review all die records to anticipate developing problems, troubleshoot, schedules and assigns all preventative maintenance for production tooling.
- Assists engineering with tool design and re-design.
- Directs new tool build, spare component, and tool maintenance.
- Verifies updated and revised tooling prints, assists in coordinating shift transition and outside services, maintain inventory control and accuracy.
- Maintain efficient tool room operation, ensure personnel are utilizing the appropriate tools for their assigned task/tasks.
- Basic computer knowledge, strong math skills, and must have a mechanical presence.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in inspection processes, manufacturing processes, and methods.
- Must show previous experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Experience with production tool and prints, tool room equipment, and hard gauging equipment is needed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, holiday, bonus potential based on company and individual performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.