Contract position: We are searching for a Senior Engineer in Irvine, CA who has experience with mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering experience developing aerospace or automotive components and systems. This is a contract position that is expected to last 6 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Coordinates multiple engineering disciplines to provide conceptual designs in response to customer needs. Must be able to assess impact of design on cost, schedule, weight, and performance.
- Creates developmental, qualification, and acceptance test plans and procedures and other technical reports. Provides engineering support to component testing, including test supervision, analysis and interpretation of test data; initiates design changes and corrective actions as required.
- Leads design reviews and project status reviews for internal/external customers and management.
- Review and approve engineering documents including mechanical and/or electrical hardware drawings, analysis reports, and other technical documents.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- 4+ years of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering experience developing aerospace or automotive components and systems.
- Working knowledge of fuel systems and/or pumps, valves, pressure/flow regulators, or other fluid management hardware preferred. Alternatively, knowledge of aircraft hydraulic or environmental control systems and components recommended.
- Knowledge of product applications, product design techniques, engineering processes, and engineering standards. The candidate should have the ability to generate technical documents including presentations, procedures, and reports.
- Knowledge/skills in CAD modeling using a major software package (e.g., CATIA V5, SolidWorks, ProE, or UG-NX) preferred.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.