Contract position: We are searching for an SCM Materials Buyer/Planner in Watertown, WI to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Plan, develop and manage the administration of procurement activities for specific commodities and sub-commodities as well as schedule assigned production lines to satisfy customer needs through forecast and material planning.
- Manage and develop suppliers to ensure optimal quality, deliver and lowest landed-cost in accordance with Divisional, Operational and Corporate policies and objectives.
- Develop and maintain on-going supplier relationships.
- Analyze and evaluate procurement policies, systems technology and practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare data and reports as required pertaining to on-time delivery, supplier performance, usage/spend, and shortage.
- BBA / BS Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a supply chain function (customer service/buying/playing role)
- APICS Certification, CPIM, and/or Purchasing certification, CPM is preferred
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) knowledge and MFG/Pro (or other ERP system) experience
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.