Permanent position: Client that designs & constructs gas processing & chemical plant equipment is looking for a "hands on" Mechanical Engineering Design Manager to join their team. You need 7+ years of engineering experience related to mechanical process equipment, especially pressure vessels, used in heavy industrial plant environments (power generation, gas processing, refineries, pulp & paper, etc...). *** salary is commensurate with experience ***Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- You will be responsible for leading the design of pressure vessels, steam generators, heat exchangers, reformers, and ancillary equipment for gas processing plant projects
- You will be expected to effectively coach, mentor, and lead the department in professional development and continuous improvement
- Support Sales and Service activities by providing cost and schedule estimates, technical solutions, and engineering services
- Manage internal resource and leverage external partners to meet schedule commitments
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- 10+ years of experience as an Engineer working on mechanical process equipment & systems used in heavy industrial plant environments (power generation, gas processing, refineries, pulp & paper, etc...).
- You need at least 2 years of experience managing an engineering or design group
- You need some experience with the design of pressure vessels, steam generators, tanks, heat exchangers, reformers, piping, and similar mechanical equipment & systems
- BSME or BSMET degree preferred, but any Engineering degree will be accepted if you have the right relevant experience
- Any experience with field and shop fabrication and installation of relevant systems would be a PLUS
- You need a broad understanding of ASME Section VIII Pressure Vessel Code, B31.1 and B31.3 Piping Codes, PED, and other international design codes and regulations
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to successfully supervise drafting activities such as CAD modeling, production of 2D drawings, associated lists, etc.
- Familiarity with CAD and design programs such as SP3D, PDS, Auto CAD, STAAD, CAESAR II, etc.
- Professional Engineering License a plus.
- Ideal candidate has some experience working for an OEM
- Performance bonus program
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Package
- Excellent Pay
- Strong potential for long-term career growth within the company
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.