Permanent position: Exciting opportunity for an Embedded Firmware Engineer at an industry leading telematics company in the San Antonio, TX area. The Embedded Firmware Engineer will join a multi-disciplinary team and have Bachelor's Degree in EE, CS, or CE and 5+years experience. Ideal background in embedded 'C' programming and assembly language, microcontrollers, microprocessors, Bluetooth 5.0 , encrypted wifi, and telecommunications. This is a high profile role working with cutting edge new products and revisions to existing products. Local candidates preferred or willing to relocate. No sponsorship now or in future.Responsibilities for the Firmware Engineer
Requirements for the Firmware Engineer
- Design, develop and validate embedded firmware on various microcontrollers
- Design Specifications from the requirement specification.Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve product issues in different phases
- Responsible for all phases of embedded firmware development life cycle
- Perform software development and quality control processes
- Provide solutions with conflicting requirements and technical challenges
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth 5.0, encrypted wifi, telecommunications, etc.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field
- Must have at least 5 years professional experience in Firmware or Embedded Engineering
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.