Permanent position: A reputable chemical company south of Los Angeles is seeking a Chemical Process Engineer to support the facility's Chemical Process team. This Chemical Process Engineer will develop, implement and maintain thermal component process controls systems and applications. The ideal Chemical Process Engineer candidate will have 10+ years of experience in chemical process improvement, previous experience with chemical and/or thermal component processes, and have worked closely with equipment suppliers in the past. A working knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC and/or Lean manufacturing principles is strongly preferred. A BCE, BSME or equivalent is strongly preferred for this Chemical Process Engineer.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Maintain and improve existing process automation assets to achieve production targets for chemical processes.
- Propose enhancements to existing control strategies according to Six Sigma DMAIC and/or Lean manufacturing principles.
- Interact with equipment suppliers daily.
- Synthesize input from quality assurance engineering, engineering, customer support, product management, customers and systems engineers.
- Work well independently as well as with the Chemical Process team.
- 10+ years of experience as a Chemical Process Engineer.
- Chemical and/or thermal component process improvement experience.
- Ability to work well with equipment suppliers.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC and/or Lean manufacturing principles.
- BCE, BSME or equivalent.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401k with company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Upward mobility.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.