Permanent position: Our client in Carson, CA is looking for a R&D Chemist to start right away, must have a background in cosmetic formulation!Responsibilities for the Chemist
Requirements for the Chemist
- Responsible for initiating and executing scientific research and product development activities .Should have a good understanding/working knowledge with manufacturing to transfer new or modified formulas from laboratory to production, including writing manufacturing procedures and setting specifications.
- Operate and record data using various laboratory equipment,including but not limited to pH meter, laboratory viscometer, moisture analyzer, balance/scale and pycnometer
- Prepare Lab batches as per supervisor guidelines for new formulations,reducing cost of existing formulation, improve stability or preservation. Write manufacturing produces for production batches. Write finished product specifications for production batches
- 2-4 years' experience in Personal Care product development
- Science-related college degree
- Computer skills to manage formula work and document all information.
- Maintain proper lab notebook documentation including but not limited to formulation, procedure, specification, stability data.
- Communicate with raw material suppliers to gather various technical data.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 PTO Days, the Week between Christmas and New Years they are closed, 401K plus match ( they even have Pet Insurance!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.