Permanent position: Growing stable company has an immediate need near Gainesville FL for a Current Product Improvement Lead. Responsible for driving efficiency of the assembly of the product, reducing build time and resolving design issues from the field. Great company benefits! Will offer relocation assistance. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Maintain technical coordination and support with the engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, production, purchasing, sales and customer Service.
- Ability to mentor engineering team
- Implement common solutions across products
- Work on the product design issues as prioritized under the CPI process
- Resolve the field quality issues agreed with the technical service team
- Follow strict product upgrade plans and roll out on the current products
- Interact with product line and supply team to identify cost saving and design improvement opportunities
- Perform and approve design calculations to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Give design feedbacks to the new product development team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years' practical experience in engineering and design. Minimum 1-2 years in supervision focused on product improvement initiatives in quality, safety and design
- Experience with machine steel fabrications, manufacturing equipment, manufacturing techniques, and processes for mobile equipment
- CAD package Proficiency (NX and/or MEDUSA preferred).
- Working within PDM system (TeamCenter).
- Good understanding of common engineering standards for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.