Permanent position: Growing stable company has an immediate need near Gainesville FL for a Mechanical Engineer that will be assigned to R&D & Engineering tasks within facility. Responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on the priorities set by Engineering Manager Great company benefits! Will offer relocation assistance. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Will work in compliance with the safety management program
- Maintain technical coordination and support with the Engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Ensure all designs meet design quality, supply, and serviceability requirements
- Responsible that all designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
- Perform a variety of calculations to substantiate designs and show necessary design details, section views, and dimensions on production drawings
- Enter Item Master Specifications and Bills of Materials into the ERP/MRP System to compliment production drawings
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of practical engineering experience with mechanical and structural design of heavy industrial equipment
- CAD package Proficiency (UG and/or MEDUSA preferred).
- Working within PDM system (TeamCenter).
- Good understanding of common engineering standards for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T).
- Understanding machined steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques, processes, as well as assembly techniques for mobile equipment
- Must be knowledgeable in Mechanics, Structures, Hydraulics, or Power group & Transmission.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.