Contract position: Our client in Irvine, Ca is looking to hire a Technical Writer who will develop and create accurate operator's manuals and other user facing technical documentation such as Service Manuals.Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Edit and create operator's manuals and other user facing technical documentation such as Service Manuals in collaboration with Engineers and/or Senior Technical Writers
- Work collaboratively with System Engineers, Software Engineers, Regulatory Specialists, and Quality Engineers to develop content by converting SME input into user instructions of text and images of appropriate graphical user interface (GUI) steps
- Review documents for style, clarity, grammar, and punctuation
- Identify and correct inconsistencies of thought, development, or organization and gain consensus with authors to make appropriate adjustment in documents and procedures
- Work with translation vendors to manage translation development by answering linguist queries and providing documentation context
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; Experience in Adobe FrameMaker and InDesign; Knowledge of DITA
- Experience implementing content into a Content Management System (CMS) is a plus
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Full knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and guidelines relevant in the development of technical documentation
- Contractor Benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.