Contract position: We are searching for a Manufacturing Engineer in Shawnee, OK to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Establish and maintain manufacturing processes to produce the products including specifying and selecting equipment, tooling, gages, methods, and providing detailed operation instructions, which will ensure the highest quality and cost-effective product.
- Coordinate manufacturing and machinery feasibility of new or existing products and implement cost effective prior to and after engineering releases to manufacturing. Estimate manufacturing costs of new products.
- Coordinate and direct machine selection and cost justification. Interview suppliers, perform machine run offs, and approve machining capability of new capital equipment.
- Direct the procurement of specialized machine tools and gages by evaluating design concepts, initiating full orders, justifying expenditures and submitting capital appropriation requests.
- Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the company's Lean System.
- 3+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.