Permanent position: Currently seeking a CAD Programmer for an exciting position in Houston TX. This person would be responsible for the design, programming and creating of custom wood products. Responsibilities for the CNC Programmer
Requirements for the CNC Programmer
- Design a series of custom doors and barn doors for residential use
- Work independently to design custom wood pieces in an expanding product line
- Transfer designs to Alpha CAM
- Become the expert on a new 5 axis CNC machine that will be purchased
- Work hands on with the machine to create the final product
- May need to consult with customers to understand design needs
- Background in architectural products, graphic design or other creative field
- Experience with design of residential doors, furniture or similar products with an emphasis on design for aesthetic purpose preferred.
- Experience in design and creation of nonindustrial products
- Experience with 5 axis CNC machines
- Ability and interest in performing multiple roles including CAD design, programming and machine operation
- Experience with Solidworks, Rhino, AlphaCAM or other similar software preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.