Permanent position: A quickly growing multinational provider of services to the steel industry is looking for a Vice President of Operations to join their team in Portage, Indiana. The VP of Operations will be responsible for overseeing capital projects and multiple steel mills across the U.S. The salary is commensurate with experience up to $170K plus great benefits and a performance bonus. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Responsibilities for the Vice President
Requirements for the Vice President
- Provide leadership to the Site Managers. Require accountability from the Site Managers in all areas of Site Manager responsibility
- Assess the needs for capital investments and improvement projects
- Monitor reports from each site (production, revenue, safety, flash, and monthly) to be current on operations, and complete reports as required by corporate management
- Interact with Mill management for revenue, production, process, and any other issues that need to be addressed
- Monitor the safety environment to ensure that all safety protocols are being followed to provide a safe work environment for all employees
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a similar field of study
- 10+ years of experience
- Steel or heavy industrial manufacturing experience
- Capital Project Management experience
- 75% Travel
- The salary is commensurate with experience up to $170K plus great benefits and a performance bonus.
- 401K, health, dental, vision, company car, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.