Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer for a machine design & build firm out in the Baltimore, MD area. This person will work with filling equipment, and will be expected to travel up to 25%. (setup and startup of hardware and software for the PLCs, variable frequency drives, control and communications networks and other miscellaneous electrical hardware and software.)Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Establish design criteria for assigned projects; architect robustsolutions to meet the requirements within the allotted timeframeand budget. Generate drawing packages and Bill of Materials;conduct formal component evaluations (fit for use); prototypedesigns; design software integration solutions; write programs forall included components such as servo drives, PLC's, PACControllers, HMI's etc.
- Generate required documentation including, (but not limited to), time-sheets, bills of materials, load calculations, flow charts, etc.
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the department initiatives such as standardization of designs, components and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience, or no degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of design experience
- Full benefits package including PTO, 401K, health insurance etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.