Permanent position: Major manufacturer of powered industrial trucks (forklifts, tow tractors, port container handlers) seeks an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER for its operations just outside of Starkville, MS. The ELECTRICAL ENGINEER will focus on the conversion of existing internal combustion engine driven powertrains designs to electrified powertrain architectures including series or parallel hybrid powertrains and plug-in battery electric. IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Convert existing internal combustion engine driven (diesel, gasoline, LNG, LPG, CNG) powertrain designs to electrified powertrain architectures
- Designi electrically powered vehicle drivetrains, ie traction motors fluid power systems, system controllers, cooling systems, etc
- Design vehicle control systems utilizing commercial industry components and methods primarily based in SAEJ1939 controller area network (CAN) protocol.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years directly related experience with off highway mobile equipment
- Demonstrated experience with designing electrically powered vehicle drivetrains including traction motors, powered inverters, electrically powered fluid power systems, system controllers, cooling systems, battery packs, or battery management systems.
- The company provides a competetive benefits package to include relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.